Ramp Service Agent Contracted with Allegiant & Iceland Air
|August 06, 2018 - September 01, 2018|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Avflight Services, Cleveland, OH|
|Description:||Part-Time Ramp Service Agent |
Avflight Services – Cleveland, OH
Ramp Service Agents Employed by Avflight Services a contractor for Allegiant & Icelandair.
-Must have a valid driver's license
-Must be able to pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug test
To provide all necessary and required below-wing ground support services as contracted by the customer to include but not be limited to loading and unloading baggage and cargo, marshalling, water and lavatory servicing.
|Duties:||•Marshall aircraft during arrival and departure|
•Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
•Unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
•Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
•Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
•Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
•Drive and/or operate ground support equipment to include tow tractors, tow bars, belt loaders, baggage tugs, water/lavatory service carts, aircraft ground power units, aircraft air start units, and baggage carts.
•Collect and load mail, live animals, wheelchairs and child strollers onto aircraft
•Service aircraft water and lavatories
•Inspect ramp areas adjacent to gate and aircraft for debris and remove/dispose of when found.
•Clean and search aircraft on arrival.
•Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
•Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
•Other duties as assigned
|Qualifications:||• Excellent communication skills|
• Ability to push/pull/lift 70 lbs. for extended periods of time
• Ability to read and write English; bilingual skills a plus
• Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
• Must be available to work varied hours including swing and graveyard shifts plus weekends and holidays
• Must be 18 years or older
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• Must pass background check, pre-employment drug test and obtain security clearance
• Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
• Must have valid Driver’s license
• Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
• Be pleasant with others on the job and display a good-natured, cooperative attitude
• Be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfill obligations
• Strong attention to detail
• Maintain composure, keep emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior even in difficult situations
• Accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
• Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
• Be sensitive to others' needs and feelings and be understanding and helpful on the job
Physical Demands :
Must be able to carry 70 pound suitcase from the floor to 18 inches and carry 70 pound suitcase in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet; must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
Airport environment: Indoors and Outdoors. Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered.
Apply online at www.avflight.com
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.