Ramp Agent (contracted for Allegiant Air and Iceland)
|November 21, 2018 - December 20, 2018|
|Location:||Kansas City, MO|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Avflight Services, Kansas City|
|Description:||Part-Time Ramp Agent|
Avflight Services – Kansas City, MO
As an Avflight Ramp Agent, you will provide exceptional customer service by handling cargo and baggage service, directing and servicing aircraft and related activities on the airport ramp.
|Duties:||•Loads, unloads, services, guides, and directs aircraft|
•Safeguards Customers' baggage from weather, loss, theft, damage and/or destruction;
•Handles all aspects of loading, stowing and unloading baggage, cargo airmail, air freight, ballast and company materials according to a predetermined plan received either electronically or manually
•Receives and records Customer baggage, air freight, mail and company materials as required;
•Submits, either electronically or manually, a Baggage Loading Report (BLR) to flight deck and gate agent
•Picks up, delivers, and transports baggage to and from aircraft and prepares records in connection with these responsibilities;
•Uses jetway stairs frequently to carry items checked at the gate to the aircraft bin;
•Cleans and services lavatories, operates lavatory carts and disposes of contents in accordance with established procedures
•Operates and/or drives motorized equipment, such as belt loaders, air start units, push back tugs, bag cart, and lavatory cart
•Works in the vicinity of and between passenger terminals and facilities both indoors and outdoors
•May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions, jet and machinery noises, fumes, dirt and dust for extended periods of time.
•Completes paperwork and forms connected with work assignments pertaining to procedures and enter into Company's information system as required;
•Must maintain the ability to wear prescribed uniforms.
|Qualifications:||•High School diploma, GED or equivalent;|
•Must be at least 18 years of age
•Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986;
•Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator's license.
•May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work international flights.
To work at the airport, you must be able to obtain a Secured Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge. You will be required to meet all local airport requirements.
following disqualifying criminal offenses, as determined by the federal Transportation Security Administration:
1. Forgery of certificates, false marking of aircraft, and other aircraft registration violations
2. Interference with air navigation
3. Improper transportation of a hazardous material
4. Aircraft piracy
5. Interference with flight crew members or flight attendants
6. Commission of certain crimes aboard aircraft in flight
7. Carrying a weapon or explosive aboard an aircraft
8.Conveying false information and threats
9. Aircraft piracy outside the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States
10. Lighting violations involving transporting controlled substances
11. Unlawful entry into an aircraft or airport area that serves air carriers or foreign air carriers
contrary to established security requirements
12. Destruction of an aircraft or aircraft facility
14. Assault with intent to murder
17. Kidnapping or hostage taking
19. Rape or aggravated sexual abuse
20. Unlawful possession, use, sale, distribution, or manufacture of an explosive or weapon
22. Armed robbery or felony unarmed robbery
23. Distribution of, or intent to distribute, a controlled substance
24. Felony arson
25. A felony involving a threat
26. A felony involving: Willful destruction of property; importation or manufacture of a controlled substance; burglary; theft; dishonesty, fraud, or misrepresentation; possession or distribution of stolen property; aggravated assault; bribery; or illegal possession of a controlled substance punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of more than 1 year, or any other crime classified as a felony that the Administrator determines indicates a propensity for placing contraband aboard an aircraft in return for money
27. Violence at international airports
28. Conspiracy or attempt to commit any of the aforementioned criminal acts listed above
•Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
•Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
•Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
•Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jetway stairs.
•You will need to be available to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays and overtime
•Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment;
•Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or via radio equipment;
•Must be able to satisfactorily complete a Ramp Agent training program with a 90% or greater average and an evaluation period.
Kansas City, Missouri
20 – 30 Hours per week
Weekdays and Sunday day shift